Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with the Code. By joining and using the Forum, you agree that you have read and will follow the Code. The Forum is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in ongoing conversations. If you have any questions about the Forum or the Code, please contact our membership division via the Contact Us link on this site.
- Don’t challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don’t post commercial messages on any forum or topic where others might see it. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
- Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site unless you specify otherwise.
- Post your message to the most appropriate forums and topics. Do not spam several forums or topics with the same message.
- All messages must add to the body of knowledge. We reserve the right to reject any message for any reason.
Access. You will be granted access to the comments after you have accepted these Terms. You agree to provide information that is accurate, true and complete and agree to notify the Society of any changes in your contact information, including by updating your contact information in the portal found on the site. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for all activities that occur under your web ID and password. If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or of your account, notify the Society immediately.
Restrictions on Content. All users shall be responsible for conducting their Forum related activities in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. In addition, you agree to act with a professional demeanor. Please do not post when you do not know the answer. This will help avoid postings containing incorrect or misleading answers. Without limiting the foregoing, you specifically agree that you will not make posts that:
- Contain profanity, racist, sexist or homophobic comments, harass or stalk any person, or contain defamatory statements or personal attacks on others;
- Disrupt other user’s enjoyment of the Forum;
- Are made under another person’s name or impersonate anyone;
- Contain personal details or private information about any other person or any confidential information or any information that would infringe upon the proprietary, privacy or personal rights of others;
- Breach any intellectual property rights law (including posting material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner or using any words, logos or other marks that would infringe upon the trademark, service mark, certification mark, or other intellectual property rights of the owners of such marks without the permission of such owners);
- Contain any advertisements or promotions for any products or services of you or another party;
- May be considered spamming or contain chain letters or any other form of unauthorized solicitation, including the solicitation of lawsuits;
- Violate U.K. export laws or encourage illegal activity of any kind; or
- Seek or offer medical advice.
User Posts. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants the Society and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material. Once you have made a posting, you cannot withdraw or retract the license and consents. By posting on the Forum, you acknowledge that the material is not confidential and agree that other users of the Forum may copy, use, transmit, modify, distribute and display the content you post.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another’s business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
Monitoring and Enforcement. Church Hill Blog does not pre-screen, verify or edit the content posted by users in the Forum. However, it reserves the right to monitor any and all information transmitted or received through the Forum. The Administration, in its sole discretion and without further notice to you, may review, censor or prohibit the transmission or receipt of any information which the Administration deems inappropriate or that the Administration determines violates the Terms. The Administration has the sole discretion to enforce the Terms.
Content. The comments are provided for the purposes of discussing matters and posting materials related solely to post-acute and long-term care and for no other purpose. The content posted on the Forum may contain links to third-party web sites or refer to third-party products. The Administration does not have control over such web sites or products, and the Administration is not responsible for the availability or content of such web sites. The Administration does not endorse, sponsor or approve and is not responsible for such web sites and such products. The Administration shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of reliance on such web sites or products.
Termination. The Administration reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by the Terms. The limited license rights granted hereunder shall remain in full force and effect unless terminated or canceled for any of the following reasons: upon discontinuance of the Forum by the Administration or by the Administration if you violate any of the Terms.
Limitations. You acknowledge that the information provided through the Forum is comprised of content from sources, which are beyond the control of the Administration. Neither the Administration nor its licensees shall be liable for any errors, inaccuracies or delays in content, or for any actions taken by you in reliance thereon.
YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY (AND HEREBY HOLD THE Administrator HARMLESS) FOR DETECTING AND ERADICATING ANY VIRUS OR PROGRAM WITH A SIMILAR FUNCTION ON YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, BY WHATEVER MEANS YOU DEEM MOST APPROPRIATE FOR YOUR NEEDS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE FORUM IS PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS, WITH ALL FAULTS” BASIS. THE ADMINISTRATION AND ITS LICENSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, ORAL, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, ANY WARRANTIES ARISING BY VIRTUE OF CUSTOM OF TRADE OR COURSE OF DEALING AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW EXCLUSIONS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OR LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. NONE OF THE Administrator NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES SHALL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, LIABILITY, COST OR EXPENSE SUFFERED OR INCURRED IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF OR PARTICIPATION IN THE FORUM OR ITS CONTENT NOR FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE FORUM FOR ANY PURPOSE WHATSOEVER, EVEN IF THE Administrator OR ITS AFFILIATES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE PROVISIONS CONTAINED IN THIS LIABILITY SECTION SHALL SURVIVE TERMINATION OF THE AGREEMENT.
You hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Society, its affiliates and its licensors (including their officers, directors, members, managers, partners, employees, affiliates, agents, representatives or subcontractors) for and against any and all claims brought by persons or entities other than the parties to this agreement arising from or related to your access to and use of the Forum, including the information obtained through the Forum.
Copyright. The content within the Forum is protected by copyright and other laws in both the United States and elsewhere. The content includes both content owned and controlled by the Society and content of third-parties.
If you own intellectual property and believe it is being infringed on the Forum, please let the Society know by filing a complaint as set forth below. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, any notification of claimed copyright infringement must be sent to the Society’s Designated Agent with the following information:
- A physical copy or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed or if multiple copyright works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or could be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the Society to identify the material;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Changes. The Society reserves the right to make changes or modifications to the Forum and the Terms. Display of notice of changes on the Forum shall constitute effective notice on the day the Society places the changes, and your continued use of the Forum thereafter shall constitute your acceptance of such changes or modifications.
Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Courts of England.